Failure to Diagnose/Misdiagnosis
Some illnesses are unavoidable. But when people seek medical attention for them, they expect to receive it from trained professionals who recognize the classic signs of disease. Sadly, this does not always happen. Each year in America, physicians’ failure to diagnose disease results in tragic delays in treatment.
At the Tylka Law Firm, we represent people who have been injured by failure to diagnose many different conditions, including:
- Cancer: Tests such as the PSA test, mammograms and biopsies are commonly used by the medical profession to detect cancer. When doctors fail to order these tests, when radiologists misread the film, or when pathologists misread the slides, delays can occur. These delays often mean the difference between successfully treating cancer — and not.
- Heart attack: Most of the time, the physicians and nurses working in emergency rooms do an excellent job of diagnosing and treating heart attacks. However, this isn’t always the case and the failure to diagnosis a heart attack, aneurysm, or other life-threatening problem can be devastating to the patient and family.
- Stroke: During a stroke, each minute is critical. The longer the amount of time a patient is not treated or improperly treated, the more serious the health consequences are likely to be.
- Salmonella or E. coli infection: When infection is not quickly recognized and properly treated, it can have a tremendous negative impact on the patient, including death.
- Surgical Complications: Surgeons have the responsibility to recognize the signs of surgical complications and to react to them appropriately. When they fail to do so, a patient’s life may be at stake.
The Galveston failure to diagnose attorneys at our firm have the experience necessary to achieve the best possible results in litigation. We have in-depth knowledge of the law as well as courtroom prowess and in-depth understanding of the procedural elements necessary to be successful in these difficult cases.
Contact a League City Misdiagnoses Lawyer
Tylka Law Firm provides free consultations regarding medical misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose illnesses such as cancer, heart attack or stroke. Contact us online or by phone to speak with an experienced attorney about your situation.